With Halloween just around the corner, it’s likely that your children will be enjoying some treats. Follow our five tips to make sure that their trick or treating won’t damage their teeth;
- Eat sweet treats in one sitting – grazing on sugary snacks over long periods of time can increase the risk of tooth decay.
- Try to avoid snacking on sugary treats in between meals. Snacks in between meals should be sugar free if possible.
- Avoid very sticky treats such as toffee and nougat, as these can remain on your teeth for longer, potentially causing more damage.
- Ensure your child is using a fluoride toothpaste and make sure they don’t have any snacks after brushing at bedtime.
- Look out for sweets containing Xylitol. These are actually tooth-friendly and your children need never know!
The hygiene team at shine Dental Care Mansfield have lots of helpful advice to keep your smile healthy. Contact us for more information today.