Full arch dental implant treatment replaces a complete set of teeth. Yet at Shine Dental Care, we know this procedure means so much more. Life-changing and liberating, it enables our patients to smile and laugh with confidence and eat whatever they like. We take a lot of pride in patients’ positive reactions and have carried out many successful full arch dental implant treatments.
Traditionally, there were no fixed solutions for people who had lost all of their teeth and dentures were the only option. Dentures become looser and less uncomfortable over time as gums and jawbone recede due to the lack of tooth root. They can also affect speech and make eating chewy or crunchy foods more difficult.
Dental implants have revolutionised treatment for those with no teeth as they provide a long-term solution that’s stable enough to look, feel and work like the real thing. They replace the missing tooth root and are designed to fuse with the jawbone. As they integrate with the bone, they last for many years and can even be cleaned like natural teeth.
Immediate full arch loading (IFAL) or teeth-in-a-day treatment
Replacing a complete set of teeth can take up to 12 months which is why we also provide ‘teeth-in-a-day’ or immediate full arch loading (IFAL). This advanced treatment is meticulously planned and uses 4 to 6 tooth implants to which temporary bridges are placed. We will then carefully craft permanent bridges while the tooth implants heal. Results are incredibly natural with no visible signs that you ever had missing teeth.
Prices are based on your individual needs and will be provided after your initial consultation. Our prices are clear and transparent, you’ll know exactly what to expect and when. We also provide a range of payment options to help spread the costs. Read more here.
A brief guide to the immediate full arch loading (IFAL) procedure
Our treatment plans are tailored to each of our patients, but the following guidelines give a general idea of procedure sequence and schedule:
To help ensure the very best results for our patients, each case needs to be carefully planned. This is particularly true for IFAL treatment. The following will be carried out:
- A CBCT bone scan and radiographs (X-rays) to fully assess supporting bone structure
- Diagnostic wax-up, study models and surgical guide for further assessment and to help us show you the final result we’re hoping to achieve
- Photography for treatment assessment, planning and recording
Preparing the implant sites
If there are any remaining teeth, they will be extracted and allowed to heal for a period of 8 to 12 weeks before treatment goes ahead.
It may also be beneficial to perform a socket preservation procedure. This involves placing a bone substitute material into the socket to create as much bone as possible in which to place the implant.
Replacing a complete set of teeth in a day is an advanced procedure that requires a considerable amount of time in the clinic. We’ll talk this through in detail during your consultation.
- Morning – any remaining teeth are extracted under local anaesthetic before the implants are placed. We’ll take impressions of the tooth implants at this point.
- 2 to 3 hours later – our dental technician will make your temporary bridges before we carry out a trial fit.
- Late afternoon – after any necessary refinements and adjustments have been made, your temporary bridges will be fitted and you’re free to go with a complete set of teeth!
- After 6 months – we’ll remove the temporary bridges before taking new impressions and making your final bridges.